PYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID IN SCHOOLS
Dr. Queena Lee Chua, PhD
Overview of Mental Health Issues
April 20, 2017, 1:00-4:00 pm.
Mood Disorders: Bipolar Disorder, Depression and Suicide
April 21, 2017, 1:00-4:00 pm
Anxiety and Panic
April 22, 9:00-12:00nn
April 22, 1:00-4:00 pm
Venue: Rom TBA, Ateneo de Manila University
CPD points: TBA
Price: P1,800 (per workshop)
P1,500 (early bird workshop until March 24)
The importance of proper responses to students with psychological issues extends to the classroom and the school setting. As educators today are faced with students who may exhibit symptoms of mood disorders or Asperger’s Syndrome, it may be good to be equip with information and tools to help us respond properly. In this workshop series by Dr. Queena Lee Chua, educators and psychologists alike can learn more about these psychological disorders in the context of schools. The workshop includes information on symptoms and helpful responses so we can better extend care to our students.
Focus Clarity Balance
May 6, 13, & 20, 2017, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Room 401A, 4th Floor, Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, Pasig City
P10,800 for the complete program
The Mindfulness Program is an integrative, mind-body based training that teaches another way to think and feel about one’s experiences, especially in stressful and challenging times. The skills you will learn in our Program are:
- To train and direct attention inward to personal thoughts, feelings, and body sensations
- To gain familiarity with the workings of your mind, and recognizing your unique mental habits
- To learn how to step back from distressing thoughts and feelings, and reduce their power
- To develop openness and curiosity in discovering alternative ways of thinking and doing
- To recognize early warning signs of stress and develop healthy responses when you begin to notice them
- To be kinder and gentler with yourself
- To be empowered through maintaining balance even during difficulties
*Limited slots. Confirmation of slots are done only after payment.
For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org